HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

March 04, 2004

Inquiry into Aristide's claim - Update on Haiti

"South Africa joined 14 Caribbean nations Wednesday in calling for an independent international inquiry into Jean-Bertrand Aristide's claim that the United States forced him out of office. ". Read Countries push for inquiry into Aristide's claim .

Also an article in the Financial Times of UK exposes the spin coming out of White House. What is interesting is that even a conservative staid newspaper like the Financial Times would allow an article that insinuates the hand of the CIA in the overthrow of an elected government.

Some excerpts:
"The crisis in Haiti is another case of brazen US manipulation of a small, impoverished country with the truth unexplored by journalists. In the nearly universal media line on the Haitian revolt, President Jean- Bertrand Aristide was portrayed as an undemocratic leader who betrayed Haiti's democratic hopes and thereby lost the support of his erstwhile backers. He "stole" elections and intransigently refused to address opposition concerns. As a result he had to leave office, which he did at the insistence of the US and France. Unfortunately, this is a gravely distorted view...."

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs