HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

March 16, 2004

16th anniversary of US-backed Saddam's crimes in Halabjah

The American Iraq administrator, Paul Bremer, has been in Halabjah commemorating the 16th anniversary of the gassing of the village by Saddam's regime. He was promising justice for the victims of the massacre. He was also using the opportunity to justify invasion of Iraq. He was asking people to look into the eyes of the survivors and then decide whether the invasion was justified or not. He was sounding like a good a caring human being and....

But what Mr. Bremer was not touching was the role the United States played in this whole affair. What he was not mentioning was that the US looking the other way, emboldened Saddam to become even more brutal on his people and in his war against Iran in which he constantly used the same chemical weapons against Iranian soldiers. What he was not mentioning was that the US was a partner with Saddam in his crimes against humanity. Yes, Mr. Bremer was only mentioning what was beneficial to his and his boss in Washington.

Just to refresh the memory of Mr. Bremer, I will repost this that shows Saddam didn't do it alone. This was first posted on September 15, 2003.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs