HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

September 09, 2003

Dean Grilled For Seeking "Evenhanded" U.S. Mideast Role

Former Vermont governor and Democrat Presidential hopeful Howard Dean was grilled by rivals for the White House nomination over statements that Washington should do away with its bias towards Israel and advocate an "evenhanded" policy in the Middle East. One of the rivals, of course, a Jewish Senator; Joseph I. Lieberman. This is a clear indication of Israeli influence on the US politics.

Dean was attacked for saying the United States should not "take sides" in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman (Conn.) accused him of advocating a "major break" from the United States' long-standing policy of explicitly siding with Israel in the Middle East. Perhaps Lieberman is right. This will be a "major break" from US's unfair and biased policies in Israeli-Palestinian confllict.

"For more than 50 years, the United States has backed Israel as its closest ally in the region, providing the Jewish state with billions of dollars in military and humanitarian aid. Dean does not advocate breaking the U.S.-Israeli alliance, but believes the only way to bring peace to the Middle East is for the president to broker a deal without playing favorites": Said a top Dean advisor.

It is unbelievable how a simple fair statement (at least in wording) can be used as a platform to attack a US presidential candidate.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs